Hey, don't stop me!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Blood! - A short story


Blood!

With the ground full of people watching me, I was standing in the center with hands tied. One of the two gigantic villianish guards untied my hand. The time had come. The horror was going to happen. I heard as if the noises came from too far away. Felt like I was in a glass cage, seeing figures dancing before me but cannot hear their voices. Before me were those Arab people murmuring - men in their traditional long white shirts with turban like headdress, women in their black robe wearing purdah - some holding their children tightly and hands ready to cover their child's eyes from seeing the horror.

How come they go such an extent to punish for a small theft? For the first time, I felt I should never have left India. Laid my arm in the big flat stone before me. One of the guard took a giant rusting sword; lifted it high above his head. I closed my eyes and SATHAKK... Blood on my face!

I opened my eyes with sweat on my face. Lying in my bed, I took a deep breath. The fan wasn’t rotating; seemed to be power-cut... The room was quite. The clock struck 2. And I turned to go to sleep. THUDD... Frightened, something fell in my bed - a giant rat may be! I stood up to find out what fell...but found something heavy was hanging on my shoulder. It was my hand. IT WAS MY OWN HAND!

It was hanging lifeless; senseless. I couldn't move my hand. I pinched it, but felt nothing. I tried to shake it, but it didn't. It was paralysed. Was it? Terrified; sweating heavily, wondering how could a dream come real. What happened in my dream had become real, in REAL LIFE!

With every passing moment, my horror built up. I then began to feel prickling sensation in my arm as if pins and needles were prickling when the blood flown to my arm. My green veins were visible, pumping blood to my arm. And all was fine…

Later felt completely relieved, realizing that it was just numbness that occurred as I accidentally slept on my arm.

Then I tried to get back to sleep, but still frightened by how I felt when they slaughtered my arm.

Personal note:

This fiction is based on my true life story.

Paresthesia – is an abnormal prickling and tingling sensation in any part of the body. For more information about this condition, search the net.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts. :)