Hey, don't stop me!

Monday, May 9, 2011

The last day at school

Few years ago I was also fearing for this day. The Higher Secondary Examination Results day. Every year when 12th Standard exam results were announced, I remember the poetry I wrote after I bid adieu to my school.

Today, I turn to the page of my first year college magazine where the poetry was published. Idiots! They didn't print my name in the bottom of the poetry. After this disrespect(!), I never sent any article to the college magazines.

But now I'm in good spirits to post it in my blog (with my identity! :)) for those who reminisce the last days at school.

Roses; books; prizes;
Little lamps; Mysore Paks;
Teacher's instructions; wishes; advises;
Camera clicks;
Signing on the shirts and the boards;
Filling up the slam books;
Last 'class group' photos;
"All the best" wishes...
-- These are the moments
Of our last day at school.
We march towards the war with pens!
Will we return unhurt?
Will we see everyone again?
Will it really be a "turning point" of our lives?
Will we have a bright future?
Without knowing answers for these questions,
We march towards the future with pens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts. :)